Monday, September 12, 2011

the beginning of a new project

Hello everyone!  I'm going to try to make this blog as fun and interesting as possible!  It will include recipes, tips, and anything else I come up with!

A little bit about myself....
I got married at 19 to my sunday school best friend, John. :)  I never had to cook a day in my life since mommy and daddy made our meals everyday growing up!  I could make the basics- eggs, beans, quesadillas, spaghetti, etc. but nothing even close to a "GREAT" meal.

So when I first moved in with John, 2 months after we eloped, I was so completely LOST!

two days after we eloped =]


What was I supposed to buy at the grocery store? and make it with the ONE pan I had! haha   (I flew to cali and was only able to have to luggages along with my purse and carry-on)  For the first 2 weeks, chef boyardee big meat ravioli was the best meal EVER! haha  it's funny now, but MY POOR HUSBAND! lol  coming home after a looooooonnnnngggg day to CHEF BOYARDEE?!?  haha yeaaaaa horrible!  I finally started to think, hmmmmmmm, maybe all this time I have at home, I could play with ingredients and see what I can come up with!

My very first home cooked meal was flautas and sopa!

OMG... WHAT A DISASTER! haha  the sopa(mexican soup)  was crunchy yet soggy haha. 
the flautas, were actually pretty good!  the only downside was that I used ground beef, and with them being in the oil, the beef kept popping up at me and burning me! haha  the pico de gallo was so yummy! nom nom!

from then on, I kept teaching myself how to make some great meals!  Also with the help of my parents on how to make certain foods!  

So everyone out there that thinks they're hopeless when it comes to making good meals... if I could learn, you can learn! =]






No comments:

Post a Comment