Wednesday, September 14, 2011

you put WHAT?!? in my meatloaf?!?

Some days I have NO IDEA what to make for dinner!!  This usually happens when it's time to go grocery shopping again.  I open the fridge and I see one tomato, one egg, one green pepper, half of a half of onion, a ketchup bottle, one tortilla and other odds and ends!  What am I supposed to make with just ONE tortilla, a tomato and green pepper?  a Veggie burrito? hmmm perhaps, but ew.  I do look in my freezer and see ground turkey, but don't want to make the usual spaghetti.. so then it hits me!  What can I make with meat, pepper, tomato, and onion??

Meatloaf!

This recipe is for those pre- grocery shopping days, when you have some things that you need to get rid of, or have 'nothing' to eat!  Most of the time, you have all these things in the fridge anyway!


You'll need:

bowl
pan
1 LB ground turkey or ground beef
 green pepper chopped
tomato chopped
onion chopped
bread crumbs, pckt of meatloaf seasoning, salt and pepper
1 egg beaten

you can add anything else you may want to add!


FOIL THE PAN!
or else you'll have a really nasty mess!
you can use any type of bakeware really!  just shape the meat like a loaf

put 1 lb meat in bowl
I'm using ground turkey (we're "TRYING" to be healthy haha)
add egg, half the season packet, salt and pepper
add bread crumbs (no exact measurement! w/e you like)

then add w/e veggies you want! 
(i chose not to add tomato lol)
and mix everything up using your hands! lol

**this is where you hands get really nasty! lol  make sure to remove your rings, wedding bands, etc.   And WASH YOUR HANDS!**

OPTIONAL STEP
i like using brown sugar and ketchup to top the meatloaf

put meat in the loaf pan and top with brown sugar and ketchup (optional)!!

another thing you could add is a can of cream of mushroom soup instead of ketchup and brown sugar. :)



 put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour
let stand for ten minutes before cutting
serve with french bread and a side of veggies and/or mac and cheese 

I like to add 2 or 3 potatoes wrapped in foil to the oven for baked potatoes and a great side! =]













No comments:

Post a Comment