Monday, September 26, 2011

Halloween!!

Hey friends!

   Halloween is around the corner and that means it's time to get a costume!!  Ever wonder why costumes cost so dang much?!?!!  I mean you only wear it once, at the most a couple times during the season, so why are some costumes $70?!?!  I for one can't see myself spending that much money on something I'm only going to wear once, for FUN! lol

I've come up with some ideas for people (like me!!) don't wanna splurge on Halloween! =]



A Princess!!
I am going to be a princess to hand out candy to kids on the 31st!  All you need is an old formal gown and a tiara (from the dollar store) and done!
**side note: I am a Princess everyday already**

For a 'Sexier' version of this costume, all you'll need is a cute short dress and a tiara.  I would use an old homecoming dress or forever 21 has many cute short dresses!


Lara Croft: Tomb Raider



Pretty easy!  Some cute sexy short black shorts, and a black tank top!  A black chunky belt and some plastic guns from the dollar store!  I have all these things in my apartment already! But I guess I have the advantage of using actual tactical stuff my husband has laying around lol


Fanta Girls
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this one year!  It might be more difficult to find all the dresses, but theres always Goodwill!  lol  You need 4 girls and each one will be a different 'flavor'  (red, purple, orange, yellow)


A breathalyzer
This is one that I want to bring to life! haha  Keep in mind, this is all in my head!  I'm thinking two white poster boards, markers, ribbon, and a toilet paper/ paper towel roll

One one poster board draw all the components and make it as easy as possible!  And then just add the roll at the bottom of the board.  Take ribbon/rope and connect the two boards so they'll hang over the shoulders and done! haha (I wanna make this for John!)



Cruella Deville
For this one You'll either have to buy the wig, or just get the spray that changes your hair color white!  FInd an animal print dress, I found one on forever21.com for  $17.80!!  Bright red lips and for your smoke stick, Just roll up a piece of black construction paper!  

this costume is $69.99 online!
you can always pick a different kind of dress, like the one in the picture!  the gloves are up to you!


Betty Boop

All you'll need are those pearls you have laying around somewhere, (i have a necklace and 2 bracelets lol) A cute red mini dress! again, forever 21 or charlotte russe!  and a cute little stuffed dog/animal to carry around! Of course Betty has short hair, but why not curl your hair? that way, you don't have to buy the wig!
this costume, and many like it, runs anywhere from $30-60



I'll add more on here as I think of them!  Or feel free to leave a comment or message me on Facebook to give me more ideas and I'll let people know what you thought would be cool! =]


No comments:

Post a Comment